Thursday, March 5, 2015

KISS

            KEEP
            IT
            SHARP
            STEVE
           
     I bet you thought it was gonna be Keep It Sharp Stupid.  Well I happen to have an s name and don’t like it when I call myself stupid.  It does happen more than I wish to admit.
           
     Sharp is not just about hooks to me, its also about keeping myself sharp, not in appearances gave that up a few years back.  I will settle for the old salty fisherman look anyway.  No sharp of mind, clear of the clutter of daily life’s noise.  This is a tough task as I have a wonderfully wondering mind, which loves drama even the self created type.

     I define noise as the things, which block or interfere with me being present where I am.  In Tweener time its tough to be present, I hate waiting, I am done planning, purchasing, almost done rebuilding the boat.  Now I am not very present in this cold and snow.  I am present in a cool evening anticipating the evening bite of male walleyes pre-spawn, or ice off at Williams Fork for large lakers or over at Granby is ok too.  Because I can’t do any of those things yet they become noise to me. So how do I settle and be present where I am?  Well heck I go ice fishing, I go for long walks the 2-3 hr type.  I look for Eagles in riparian areas.  I spend time each morning being mindful and quiet.  Most of all I just go outside look around and breathe.


     Simple         Just be where we are!




                                   Stopping to be in the moment.  Amazing Sunrise not really captured in 
                                          photo but it is in our minds!  W Jason W.

No comments:

Post a Comment