Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Be

There’s been lots of new focus on MINDFULNESS and being where you are.

This is a story of a gift I received as a guide. 

So a businessman has 2 Canadian associates whom he wants to entertain and give back to. Well them Canuck’s really like to fish and as a guide I was a little nervous, will our local fair compare to the fishing north of the border.  Well as timing would have it 45 fish on the ice for the day and a 31” large fish by the Big Guy who really did keep his stick on the ice most of time, unless he was fighting ( What does this have to do with MINDFULNESS?) the local fair did hold up!!!!!

Well here is the mindful part of the experience, first I have to accept I have only the resources at hand, I let go of the out come and focus on giving to the people involved.  I taught about the bite and how the bite feels.  Then we are off to the races. Remember this is an ex-hockey player and 3 aggressive businessmen who are tuned to watch for the right opportunity to capitalize.  This showed thru in numbers of fish and the competitiveness of the day.

OK MINDFULNESS is focus right?  We had finished our day of fishing, were hanging out back at the truck, one fellow on the phone conducting some business.  The American and I end up in a conversation of how to explain God or a higher power, the universal good force in the world. We look up and the other fellow is meditating, we start to heckle him and soon really end up in the moment of this is 4 men from very diverse backgrounds and regions of our world having the moment of how do we Love our adult children well.  These are aggressive business folks who get it and realize what truly guides our world is ____________________.  You fill in the blank.  I choose love and the mindful part being where I am and who is with me. 


Enjoy, and please think about the greatest gift to give is like what I received last Sunday, folks being who they really are and being open to share it.


No comments:

Post a Comment