Thursday, February 19, 2015

Evolution wow what a thought, it challenges my Christian beliefs and yet sometimes it slips in as a fact of life.  Stick with me folks this is a heady one.

What brings this thought of evolution up is a grand daughter turning one year old shortly and a recent trip with a family that felt so good to be with out on the ice.   I felt wow; once again I get paid to do this.  Well this family had two boys, identical twins 6 years old both very different from each other in personality.  Deb and I raised twins and still get to share in their lives and adventures.  In these two sets of twins it was very clear although identical, both individuals filled a much differing space in our world.  Ok so the family with the boys was blended meaning there had been other marriages and living situations prior to this family arrangement.  So I assumed something was not good or did not fit and it was resolved with this change.  So this change created a safe place and a very loving, encouraging environment for all involved.  I think this is evolution in action.  The other way, I see this evolution take place is watching my grand daughter learn and grow.  Developing a new and mixed set of genetics into a new personality all the while discovering how to become a physical being in a spiritual world.

So we have been taught evolution is the slow and adaptive change to an ever-changing environment.  Right, yet we are so reluctant to change and have been told, pushed, judged and directed to view evolution as negative or challenging the Christian and his world.  While in fact it is many times the will of the Universe/God to evolve and change. Please reserve judgment and think it thru what ever create this beautiful world that is always changing created us, these wonderful spiritual beings who connect with one another and nature to feel an emotion most of called Love.

On the fishing side of life, some of the difficulties fisherman face is the development of habits or singular focus on a species or particular lake and sometimes just being so focused on catching a fish we don’t look up and see the world or the people with us. Choose to evolve, challenge yourself and your buddies to learn and grow.  Most of all be adaptive as our world is designed to always be moving and changing.


For myself this mental space is a side effect of fishing and being outside with meaningful and mindful effort to be with whom I am with and tuning into them. It works with friends as well.  Enjoy.   What helps me start this mindset is a deep breath, a look at the nature around me and the person I am with!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment